Appraise Me limited ("we", “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation (meaning all applicable data protection and privacy legislation, regulations and guidance including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the "General Data Protection Regulation" or "GDPR"), Directive (EU) 2016/680 (“the Law Enforcement Directive”, or “LED”), and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations, Data Protection Act 2018 and any guidance or codes of practice issued by any Regulator from time to time (all as amended, updated or re-enacted from time to time)the data controller is Credentially (Appraise Me Limited) of 320d High Road, Benfleet, Essex, England, SS7 5HB.
Our data protection officer for the purpose of the Act can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, apps, subscribe to our services or newsletter, add employment and human resource records, submit employment history and credentials for employment checks and verification, search for a product, place an order on our Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, and where required for use of ‘Credentially’, any other data provided by you regarding employment history, occupational health records or criminal record (DBS) checks.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In particular, we will carry out professional registration checks with your regulatory body (such as the General Medical Council or Nursing and Midwifery Council), and reference checks with previous employers. As a result, we will receive personal data relating to you from those particular third parties. When we collect that data it may be shared internally and combined with other personal data we hold about you (whether collected on this Site or otherwise). We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We use persistent cookies and session cookies on our Site. We use persistent cookies to save your login information for future logins to the Site. We use session cookies to enable certain features of the Site, to better understand how you interact with the Site and to monitor aggregate usage by users and web traffic routing on the Site. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the Site and then close your browser.
The section below explains the cookies we use and why we use each of them.
Cookie Name: __utma This cookie enables the function of Google Analytics software. This software helps us collect and analyse visitor information such as visitor numbers, pages visited, browsers used and response to marketing activity. This helps us improve the website and its performance.
The data stored by this cookie does not identify people or collect any personal data. Expires in 2 years
Cookie name: __utmb This cookie enables the function of Google Analytics software. This software helps us collect and analyse visitor information such as visitor numbers, pages visited, browsers used and response to marketing activity. This helps us improve the website and its performance.
The data stored by this cookie does not identify people or collect any personal data. Expires in 30 minutes
Cookie name: __utmc This cookie enables the function of Google Analytics software. This software helps us collect and analyse visitor information such as visitor numbers, pages visited, browsers used and response to marketing activity. This helps us improve the website and its performance.
The data stored by this cookie does not identify people or collect any personal data. Expires at the end of the session
Cookie name: __utmz This cookie enables the function of Google Analytics software. This software helps us collect and analyse visitor information such as visitor numbers, pages visited, browsers used and response to marketing activity. This helps us improve the website and its performance.
The data stored by this cookie does not identify people or collect any personal data. Expires in 6 months
You can set up your browser options, to stop your computer accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use the whole of the Site or all functionality of the services.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in a range of ways, as set out in further detail below. In doing so, we generally rely on Article 6(1)(b) namely that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract you have entered into with us, and/or Article 6(1)(f) which relates to processing necessary for the pursuit of Credentially’s legitimate interests. Those interests are the provision of a service to you, which you have actively and voluntarily pursued. The exception to this rule relates to our sending you marketing communications, in which case we will only do so if we have your specific and positive consent.
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide you, if you have consented to us doing so, or permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this by ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them (only with consent).
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and the information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Information we share with third parties. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
• Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
• Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 250 women aged over 25 have clicked on their advertisements on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men living in London). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
• Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
Information we disclose to third parties. We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Appraise Me Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or partners. Such staff or subcontractors may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details or the provision of support services.
Our Site is accessible via the internet and if you choose to upload data from a location outside the EEA then you do so of your own volition and noting any local limitations on internet security which may apply.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share any password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
In certain circumstances you have the right under the Data Protection Legislation, free of charge, to request:
• Access to your personal data.
• Rectification or deletion of your personal data.
• A restriction on the processing of your personal data.
• Object to the processing of your personal data.
• A transfer of your personal data (data portability).
In particular, where we process your personal data for marketing purposes, we will inform you and obtain your opt-in consent (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please click on the opt-out options and we will remove you from our mailing lists.
We send push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any service updates, events and promotions we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, please disable these in the settings on your device.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary for the relevant activity for which it was provided or collected. This will be for as long as we provide access to the Site to you, your account with us remains open or any period set out in any relevant contract you have with us. However, we may keep some data after your account is closed or you cease using the Site for the purposes set out below.
We will retain de-personalised information after your account has been closed.
Please note: After you have closed your account or deleted information from your account, any information you have shared with others will remain visible. We do not control data that other users may have copied from the Site. Your profile may continue to be displayed in the services of others (e.g. search engine results) until they refresh their cache.
AGE OF USERS
This Site is not intended for and shall not be used by anyone under the age of 18.