This policy is intended to set out the values, principles and policies underpinning our approach to safe working practices.
AppraiseMe Limited (t/a Credentially) is committed to ensuring the health, safety and welfare of its staff. The organisation will take the following steps to ensure that its statutory duties are met at all times:
• Each employee should be given such information, instruction and training as is necessary to enable the safe performance of work activities.
• All processes and systems of work should be designed to take account of health and safety and will be properly supervised at all times.
• Adequate facilities and arrangements will be maintained to enable employees to raise issues of health and safety.
• This document will be regularly monitored to ensure that its objectives are achieved. It will be reviewed and, if necessary, revised in the light of legislative or organisational changes.
AppraiseMe Limited (t/a Credentially) recognises its responsibility under the HSWA 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (MHSWR) to ensure that all reasonable precautions are taken to provide and maintain working conditions which are safe, healthy and compliant with all statutory requirements and codes of practice. Employees and contractors are expected to abide by safety rules, and to have regard to the safety of others within the organisation.
Our policy is, so far as is reasonably practicable, to apply the following:
• Negotiate appropriate risk management measures to reduce any identified risks or hazards to an acceptable level
• Communicate agreed risk management measures to all necessary persons and staff involved and to ensure regular monitoring of risk levels
• Provide and maintain equipment such that it is safe and appropriate to use
• Provide any relevant and appropriate protective equipment or clothing required by staff to perform their role safely
• Arrange for the safe and healthy use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances
• Provide the information, instruction, training and supervision required to ensure the health and safety, at work, of employees and others
• Control and maintain the organisation’s offices in a safe condition, with appropriate risk assessments and management as above
• Provide a safe means of access to and exit from the place of work
• Maintain a working environment that is safe, healthy and equipped with adequate facilities and arrangements for welfare at work
• Сonduct, record and implement the findings from regular risk assessments performed in accordance with Regulation 3 of theMHSWR
• In the event of any accident or incident (such as a near miss) involving injury to anybody, to make a full investigation
• Appoint a Health and Safety Manager.
The Health and Safety Manager for the organisation is our COO (Colin Breavington).
The successful implementation of this policy requires total commitment from all employees. Each individual has a legal obligation to take reasonable care for their own health and safety, and for the safety of other people who may be affected by either their acts or omissions.
It is the policy of this organisation that, under S.7 of the HSWA 1974, it is the duty of every employee at work:
• To take reasonable care of their own health and safety and those of any other person who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work
• To co-operate with their employer to enable any duty or requirement to be complied with that is either imposed on their employer by or under any relevant statutory provisions.
In addition, no person employed by the organisation shall intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare in pursuance of any statutory provisions.
This document sets out the Health & Safety Statement of Appraise Me Limited (t/a Credentially).
The purpose of this is to encourage the ownership, commitment and compliance at all levels of the business and to provide a framework to establish and review Health and Safety policies, objectives and guidance across the business.
Senior management fully recognises the importance of Health and Safety and is committed to both its legal and moral Health and Safety obligations. The development of a positive safety culture across the business as an essential part of our success and we aim to:
• Maintain compliance with any statutory national laws, regulations or directives placed upon us by external regulatory bodies to continuously manage, develop and improve its Health and Safety related policies, strategies and processes to meet these responsibilities and to achieve industry best practice across the organisation.
• Provide a safe working environment for all employees, contractors.
• Conduct a regular programme of inspections and assessments to assess risk, identify and eliminate unsafe conditions/practices and to control and reduce any hazards found in the working environment.
• Promptly investigate every accident, incident, occupational health issue and near miss to determine their cause and prevent re-occurrence.
• Ensure that this policy statement is communicated and maintained across all levels of the organisation.
• Review and/or revise the Health and Safety policy and statement annually or at times of significant change.
It is also the duty of every employee to exercise reasonable care for the health, safety and welfare of themselves and others who may be affected by:
• their actions or omissions. To report any unsafe act, condition or occurrence at the earliest opportunity.
• respect of Health, Safety and Welfare matters.
• Not to intentionally or recklessly interfere with any rules or equipment provided by the company in the interests of Health,Safety or Welfare.