We want everyone who wants to use the Credentially web app to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
What are we doing?
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
To help us make the Credentially website a positive place for everyone, we've been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the Credentially website.
How are we doing?
We're working hard to achieve our goal of Level AA accessibility and strive to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability. This means, for example, that:
- people can navigate main parts of our web service using a keyboard;
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen;
- it is enabled for people with epilepsy to safely use our web service by eliminating the risk of seizures resulting from flashing or blinking animations and risky color combinations;
- our web app is adjusted so that it is accessible to the majority of visual impairments such as Degrading Eyesight, Tunnel Vision, Cataract, Glaucoma, and others;
- we avoid using video content for the most important parts of our service or providing it with captions;
- we keep required colour combinations across our web app;
- components that have the same functionality identified consistently across the web site;
Please be aware that our efforts to maintain accessibility and usability are ongoing and we realise there are some areas that still need improving and it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. The following information explains what we're doing to make that happen and exceptions.
The possibility to fully operate through a keyboard will be added in 2023.
2.4.2: Page Titled
Adding topics and descriptions to all pages is in progress.
Please note that our website may link to, or interface with, third party websites that we do not control. These third-party vendors may not have undertaken the efforts that CommunityAmerica has to comply with WCAG-2.0 AA standards.
Let us know what you think
If you enjoyed using the Credentially website, or if you had trouble with any part of it, please get in touch. We'd like to hear from you in any of the following ways: